“Willows is a great place to train – high standards and wonderful personal care with a sensitive, thoughtful ethos.”
Willows has been training counsellors for over 30 years and every year our training is judged as ‘outstanding’ by our awarding bodies (CPCAB and OCN). We are proud of the excellent feedback from our students.
- Uniquely, training takes place within a counselling agency environment where you’ll gain ‘real world’ experience and insights. You benefit from Willows experience of issues clients bring to counselling. We teach beyond the curriculum so that you are prepared and equipped to counsel your own clients.
- Willows is an ‘active’ counselling service with long experience of managing student placements. We can tailor your training to help you get the most out of your placement, whether it is with Willows or elsewhere.
Willows training is based on an integrative client-centred model
- Draws on psychodynamic insights.
- Uses both cognitive-behavioural and creative methods.
- Recognises a transpersonal world-view.
- Informed by developmental theory.
- Holistic view of human functioning.
“The trainers are supportive, caring and go the extra mile for each one of us. Love the atmosphere of peace that fills every corner of Willows.”
“I feel I am being really well equipped, even if the thought of starting ‘for real’ afterwards is very scary!”
Willows students go on to work in varied counselling roles including
- Setting up in private practice.
- Working or volunteering in a variety of voluntary and statutory agencies.
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Training counsellors of the future.
- Gaining further post Diploma qualifications and developing expertise in specific areas including but not limited to supervisions, addiction, trauma, children and young people.
Willows Trauma Specialism Training
Willows Level 5 Diploma in Trauma Counselling draws on pioneering neuroscience. We have extensive experience of providing a safe counselling experience for people affected by trauma and dissociation stemming from disability, illness, PTSD, childhood abuse, domestic abuse and complex grief. The course is recognised by CPCAB. We offer ongoing CPD workshops for counsellors and organisations in trauma, attachment and dissociation.
Training events and conference
With regular training events held throughout the year, Willows training and conference welcomes delegates from Swindon, Wiltshire, across the UK, Ireland and internationally, providing a space for world class training, an opportunity for counsellors to share resources and to build support networks.
We are located in the heart of Old Town, Swindon. We have free car-parking and are close to bus routes on Victoria Road.