Details – Level 5 Diploma in Trauma Counselling (CPCAB)
- Prior completion of a recognised Level 4 Counselling Diploma course or higher (with a min 420 guided learning hours (GLH)).
- Currently in clinical practice.
- Full completion of the course application form (available on request).
- Write a pre-course essay on your clinical experience and your motivation for applying for this course. (approx. 1000 words).
- You will be invited to attend a pre course interview.
- Jan – Dec 2022
- Excludes course books, Saturday workshops and 20 hours of personal counselling
- Equip counsellors to recognise, assess and work with trauma more effectively in their clinical practice, including single, complex and developmental trauma, and the effect of attachment injury.
- Students will be taught a range of trauma theory and associated skills based on the Three Phase Trauma Model.
- The course will provide opportunities to learn and develop skills using an integrative model of trauma, including working somatically and with dissociation.
- Additional themes covered in the course will be somatic work, neurobiology, attachment theory, flashbacks, dissociation, symptom reduction, shame, diversity, risk, rupture & repair, supervision, resilience and self-care.
- Attending the training session each month.
- Maintaining a reflective journal of progress and self-awareness.
- Attending termly tutorials with a personal tutor.
- Completing a range of assignments including a case presentation, case study and an essay.
- Reading the book/s from the required reading list.
- Completion of a portfolio of written work.
- Completion of a minimum of 15 hours of supervised clinical practice with trauma clients.
- Completion of 15 hours of personal counselling.
- A commitment of approximately 6 – 8 hours per week for study, reading, research and written work in addition to the training sessions.
Student membership of a professional counselling body
How to apply
If you need more information please email the Training Coordinator email@example.com
Successful applicants must accept their place in writing within 7 days with full
payment or deposit.